Thursday, September 13, 2007

School!!!

This is Omnibus class (David got cut out)Sorry its kind of blurry

Dad teaching us

Hello,
Wow I have not posted for so long!! We have been so busy lately, doing school.
We started this new curriculum called Omnibus, it is so cool. I am doing it with David, Destiny, Alex, and Kaila. My awesome Dad is our teacher. We just finished reading the book of Genesis. We are also reading a book called Chosen by God by R.C. Sproul. It is so good. It talks all about Predestination and Gods Sovereignty. Predestination means that our final destination is decided by God before we are born. Gods Sovereignty is supreme over Heaven and Earth.

Here is a quote by R.C. Sproul:
"If there is any part of creation outside of God's sovereignty, then God is simply not sovereign. If God is not sovereign, then God is not God. If there is one single molecule in this universe running around loose, totally free of God's sovereignty, then we have no guarantee that a single promise of God will ever be fulfilled. Perhaps that one maverick molecule will way waste all the grand and glorious plans that God has made and promised to us."

5 comments:

The Goldman Family said...

Yes I am the first one to comment. That is cool I wish I could do that too{sigh}oh well I'll have to wait till next year.

COLLIN

Grandma of Many said...

Karissa I am so proud of you. I can tell by your post that you are learning so much and God will use you greatly for His Kingdom. Keep studying and learning so that you might teach your children some day. Love,

Grandma Dot

John said...

Hi Karissa: Yes, it has been quite awhile since you posted. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Aaron Sleadd said...

That's a really good quote by R.C. Sproul! When I first heard it, it seemed to click in my head that God is and has to be totally sovereign to be God.
Great post!

Ginger said...

Nice post Karissa and more good pictures. Your Dad looks like he is really ejoying teaching the class. Have fun, learn and post again real soon. Love Aunt Ginger