Hello everyone, Well we got back from our trip to Salem. We (Dad, Kaila, David, Alex, Destiny, and I) went to a Christianity and Culture Conference by Worldview Academy. It was so awesome!! We rented an expedition, then drove there on Friday, and came home Saturday night. On Friday we heard Randy Sims speak on an Introduction to Worldview. His talk was really good. We got to hear Jeff Baldwin, Randy Sims, Mike Tiland, and Dell Cook. I guess Ill post some of my notes from the talk
by Mike Tiland.
1. Who is your hero?
2. Who has the greatest impact in your life?
3.What do you want written on your tombstone?
4.When you die what do you leave behind? The legacy you leave begins today.
What is a Legacy?
-A Legacy is something you leave behind, or something to remember you by.
- A Legacy is "Something handed down from the past."
-"Each man appears for a little while to laugh and to weep, to work and play, and then to go to make room for those who shall follow him." -A.W. Tozer
2 Peter 1:15-20, Peter wants to pass down the Legacy of Christ. He doesn't want his name to be remembered, only what he taught, and that was the legacy of Christ. This is what we as Christians should labor for.
What does that look like for us?
- Matthew 28:19- Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. "Go"= as you go. Anywhere we go (work, school, shopping...) we are called to make disciples.
Whats a Disciple? -A disciple is a learner or pupil(Isaiah 50:4, Matt 10:24)
-We are all disciples off multiple things. Or some may be disciples of you.
-What are you a disciple of? Before we can make disciples, we must be one ourselves.
-Everyone who is a follower of Christ is not exactly a disciple of Christ A follower, listens and thats it. A disciple reflects their teacher. Matt 24:3
1. Die to yourself- "carry your own cross"
-Luke 14:27-33, Christ has to be that which defines our life.
2. Continue in the word-
-John 8:31, We need to continue to grow in Christ
3. Have love for others
4. Abide in Christ
-"abide"= to continue in the presence of. We rush through the day without praying or abiding in the presence of Christ.
Two main Things to Remember
1. Its not about you, its all about Christ. Philippians 2:2
2. Discipleship is not a formula, its a relationship. Christ had a relationship with His disciples. He walked and lived with them.
Making Discples, passes on a legacy.
How Christ made disciples:
1.Talked with them
2. Walked with them-relationship
3. Corrected them
4. Loved them
~Matt 17:12- We are to love them through their mistakes
Who is already a disciple of yours?
Who are you a disciple of?
Are you leaving a legacy for you, or for Christ?